What is Bar Game 21?
Bar Game 21 is a conversation game.
How do I play?
- Grab some friends or play by yourself.
- Start a new game, quick play or join a game.
Let's you know how much time you have to complete the task and figure out who to talk to.
To pass or not to pass
If you don't like the challenge, you may pass but you only get a limited amount of passes each round.
- For simply using the opener, you get one point.
- If you don't like the challenge, you may pass but you only get a limited amount of passes.
- Once you get the conversation started you need to integrate the challenge and if you do so you gain another point.
- If you're feeling bold you can integrate the bonus point challenge and depending on the difficulty of the challenge you multiply your score by whatever the bonus point is worth. However, if you do the bonus, but then mishandle the task, the bonus point does not count.
How to win
Once you complete your challenge, you keep going and start a new challenge. First to 21 points wins! That simple.
- You may not con the game, meaning, tell the person you are talking to that you're playing a game and are trying to "score." That ruins the integrity of the game and sounds kinda creepy at the same time.
- This game works on the honor system so if you don't actually complete a challenge but say you did, the only one you're cheating is yourself and your own personal fun!
I don't drink alcohol, can I still play this game?
Of course! Just because you are in a bar doesn't mean you have to drink. In fact playing Bar Game 21 is a great way to have a great time in a bar without drinking.
I'm a female, can I still play this game?
Aren't males supposed to start off the conversation?
Historically that was the case, but why should they have all the fun? Conversing with other human beings is a basic facet of life so why limit it to one gender just because it takes place in a bar?
What if I get rejected or worse yet laughed at?
Some people don't like to meet people or start of new conversations, rejection is part of this game and part of life in general. If the conversation isn't going well, then move on!.
Why did you make this game?
We always found we liked talking to new people at bars and thought that others would too but they might not always know what to say or how to approach strangers. So we decided to make a fun and competitive way for all to enjoy.
So this game was just a way for you to hit on people right?
We like meeting new people as most people do and this game tries not to use corny and lame pick up lines which make it sound like you're hitting on someone. Sometimes avoiding that stereotype is the main part of the challenge.
Can this only be played at a bar?
Bar Game 21 can be played in almost any social setting where people are accessible and it is acceptable to go up to talk to strangers. So for instance, during a movie would not be acceptable.